Please find in attachment a sign-on letter expressing its concern over a draft law that has been proposed in Romania. This law, if adopted, would severely restrict women’s access to abortion.
We are asking organizations to sign this letter, no later than April 20. Please respond to me (Johanna Westeson, firstname.lastname@example.org) and Iustina Ionescu (email@example.com) with your signatures.
The letter will be translated and sent to the following:
- President of Romania, Traian Basescu
- Prime Minister, Mihai Razvan Ungureanu
- President of the Romanian Senate, Vasile Blaga
- President of the Romanian Chamber of Representatives, Roberta Alma Anastase
- Presidents of the commissions from the Senate & Chamber of Representatives assigned with drafting the report/advice on the draft law
An unofficial translation of the draft law is included for your information.
We count on your support.